Suntec Singapore is part of the National Safety and Security Watch Group (SSWG). This network of organisations works together to report any suspicious activities and ensure the overall security of the vicinity.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Remain vigilant and report any suspicious articles or behaviour to your Suntec Point of Contact. Suntec Singapore requires all event organisers to include a security and crowd control aspect into their event’s risk assessment.
Suntec Singapore provides general venue security, supported by a centralised building management system with 24-hour CCTV surveillance and facial recognition system to ensure the safety and security of all.
For event-specific security requirements such as crowd control and event security personnel, the event organiser should engage a security contractor. For a list of recommended security specialists, please refer to Partners Guide.
External security contractors are required to produce a security plan which should include the following:
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment inclusive of contingency measures
- Copies of the company’s security licence
- Copies of the individual personnel’s security licence
- Copies of the individual security personnel’s first-aid certificate
- Names of security personnel
- Start date/time and end date/time for each security personnel
- Proposed location and role of each security personnel
Security plans should be made available to the Centre upon request.